Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:28:59 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing time and date in SCSI syslog messages

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 01:10:17AM -0600, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Andreas Klemm wrote...
> > Hi !
> >
> > Would it be possible, to write out time and date when reporting
> > scsi errors via syslog.
>
> This isn't syslog output, it's dmesg output.  Syslog writes out the time
> and date on every line.

Oh, you're right ... sorry. I was confused about xconsole.
I always thought xconsole is syslog output ....
Since there are other services, that write out a date, even
when displaying things on xconsole window (i4b for example).

> > (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error during Data-In phase.
> > SEQADDR == 0x3a
> > SCSIRATE == 0xf
> > (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error during Data-In phase.
> > SEQADDR == 0x50
> > SCSIRATE == 0xf
> > (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error during Data-In phase.
> > SEQADDR == 0x50
> > SCSIRATE == 0xf
> > (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): parity error during Data-In phase.
> > SEQADDR == 0x10e
> > SCSIRATE == 0xf
> >
> > BTW, what do you think about that ? Time to buy a new drive ?
>
> It looks like you have a cabling or termination problem.  Or perhaps a bent
> pin somewhere.

Hmm, didn't touch the system for about weeks ... Two weeks ago
the system got additional ram ...

> It doesn't necessarily look like a drive problem, but more like a SCSI bus
> problem.

Hmm...

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas