Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:05:20 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>, kline@tao.thought.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape, the juckbuster, and so on...

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 10:54:36AM +0200, Rasmus Kaj wrote:

>  GK> 	After wasting literally decades watching this commerical
>  GK> 	crap download, then remember the junkbuster, I decided to
>  GK> 	try it.
>
>  GK> 	I hsve the latest tarball, but the directions for netscape4.6
>  GK> 	on the junkbuster site don't jibe with my FBSD installattion.
>  GK> 	My EDIT/PREFERENCE//Advanced pop-up do not have what the
>  GK> 	graphic on the junkbuster shows.
>
> In netscape 4.6, you select EDIT/PREFERENCES, click the small triangle
> beside 'Advanced' so the subcategories Cache and Proxies
> appears. Select Proxies, click manual config and the button 'View'
> besides. There you have it.
>
> Hmmm ... This dosn't quite sound like content for -ports, but more for
> -questions, but I answer here anyway, since you asked here.

	In my netscape4.6, the ``Advanced'' section does _not_ display
	any Cache and Proxies subcategories.  (I believe I have the
	communicator 4.6 port.)

	Since the installation isn't exactly push-button, would simply
	setting an env variable work as well as setting the configuration
	via the PREFERENCES dialog boxes?

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix