Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lizard...

> if it gave me lots more diagnostics. Joe Average, on the other hand,
> likes a spiffy, clean interface. We try to accomodate both types by
> having a simplistic install and then some detail output on a seperate
> VTY. This could still be done with an even spiffier graphical installation
> on the first VTY.

Possibly. It's not clear what or who "Joe Average" is here. I suspect
that 99% of all computer users (by volume) get their s/w preinstalled.
The amount of sophistication of the remaining 1% who actually struggle
through so-called "spiffy" installs is growing exponentially. Keeping a
simple interface rather than trying to play human engineering with no
real human interfaces lab and a 500K$ testing budget might be better.
Just my 2 cents... I'll shut up now... (I mean, why should *I* beef so
much? I'm not writing or maintaining sysinst...)