Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:41:46 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: Free BSD

On Wednesday,  7 July 1999 at 22:00:56 -0600, dale ballard wrote:
> [...]
It depends on the shell in some cases. For instance, bash doesn't seem to
save my aliases either, but the default root shell does.

>>> Are you using shutdown(8)?
What are you using to shut it down? shutdown -r now? reboot?

>> I think our esteemed Mr. Lehey has over-analyzed this problem.  :-)
Ok, let's try our best to not attack anyone, esp. if you're a newbie ok?

>> It's not really clear that there is any problem here at all
Huh?

>> than a new UNIX user learning curve.  Saving files apparently works.
Exactly what editor are you using to save the files?  Have you reopened
the files and seen the data you just wrote...present?