Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:59:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cjc26@cornell.edu
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@FreeBSD.ORG>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pics from LinuxWorld

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Gregory Sutter wrote:

> I take it that that's Jordan's humaniform robot in the pictures. What
> kind of processor does it have? Are there any noticeable pauses in the
> speech when odd questions are asked? How does jkh.pl deal with having
> multiple versions around? I'm sure CVS won't cut it.

Maybe the android has a small radio antenna built into it, and it
communicates with the machine the perlbot is running on over packet radio
or something.  I'll bet it's slow to do everything over the network,
though, so the robot probably handles low-level routines (coordinating leg
movements for walking, simulating breathing, etc) locally using some
built-in processors, and only communicates with its server for simulation
of higher cognitive functions.

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
          main(q){6-q&&main(q+1),putchar(67+3*(19%q-q/4));}