Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:45:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "The Matrix" screensaver, v.0.2

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> >
> > > According to Narvi:
> > >
> > > Pill :)
> > >
> > > That very important... The screensaver triggered me to see the movie
> > > again. Ahhhh. I love it.
> >
> > Yeah, it's gotta be the perfect hacker's movie.
> >
> > Maybe we *should* go approach the producers?  I have gone to that movie
> > several times, and I keep on enjoying it, so this is GOOD PR for them.
>
> Good idea, the approach for approval to distrubute this presented to
> the marketing department has a strong leverage on the legal department,
> in that they can't just take the easy road of saying ``no'' when
> the marketing department is going ``yes, yes.. this would be
> good for revenue''.

OK, then, I'll do it "with unofficial but general approval of many
FreeBSDers" (which is what I'll tell the folks).  Too bad I don't live
in LA anymore, I used to know the right folks to go to.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |