Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:45:29 -0700
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apsfilter port unavailable?

At 06:24 AM 8/25/99 -0400, Donald R. Tyson wrote:
>For the past 3 days I have tried to build apsfilter by ftp using the
>port collection on my 3.2-RELEASE system. The build stops with
>a 404 error (when trying to fetch from ~andreas/download) and
>`file not found' (from ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/ports/distfiles).
>
>Other ports fetch and compile properly.  Does anyone know whether
> there is a particular problem with this port?
>Apologies if I missed an announcement or other information
>about it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I can give a bit more info.  I've been
having problems trying to get apsfilter too, and filed a pr with
freebsd-ports, but it was closed because someone said they fixed the
problem.  They hadn't, so I emailed Andreas Klemm, who's in charge of it.
He's on vacation, but his "vacation" message has a telling line in it, IMO
- "If you have troble [sic] with apsfilter, please wait ;-)"

So, we'll see.  You could try fetching it by hand to see if you can't
figure something out... if you do, let me know!

-Charon