Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 15:54:56 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 10:33:57AM +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> On Fri 1999-09-03 (23:49), Warner Losh wrote:
> > OK.  I'm feeling silly.  How do I link to the latest security
> > advisories I just sent out in the newsflash section of the web pages?
>
> In news/newsflash.sgml, just follow the examples in there for links,
> basically HTML, if you haven't worked it out already.

Similarly, thou shalt always update www/en/news/webchanges.sgml as well.

Let me say at this point that I don't particularly like having to do this.
We have the information in the CVS logs already, and we should be able
to pull it out easily enough.

There was an announcement on Freshmeat (http://www.freshmeat.net/) a
few weeks back about a small app that would take a tree of CVS files
and build a GNU style ChangeLog file from the CVS log messages.  A
search for "CVS ChangeLog" on Freshmeat should find it.

If someone were to investigate this, and possibly bolt on a new option
so that it would output HTML instead then we could make the generation
of webchanges.sgml completely automatic.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>