Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:07:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        FreeBSD Bob <fbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Adaptec 1540 bombing?

In message <199910041439.KAA35683@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu> FreeBSD
Bob writes:
: It is a long shot, but I am curious if anyone knows of any problems in
: using the Adaptec 1540A on 3.x or 4.x machines?

The aha 1540 driver (me) didn't have access to the 1540A cards, so I
made changes blind and never tested (nor did those folks that bugged
me to make them).

If you can send me this card, I can see what I can do about making it
work with the aha driver.  There are problems with CAM and this
hardware's use of transfer residuals which might make it hard to get
working.

Warner