Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:47:47 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        mattj@maine.rr.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound card problems (Yamaha xg)

Hi ...

I am running 4.0-CURRENT with an onboard YMF724C as far as I gather. I tried
the OSS approach and found that after a few minutes my system would either
freeze or panic ... I susspect they have a nice bug in their kld.  (I used
their 4.0 oss version). I mailed them about the problem and they just said,
sorry ... but if that is what is happening it would take some time to fix,
and it didn't seem like it would be soon.

:(

So I used my old ESS sound card instead.

Reinier