Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:38:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: Search a symbol in the source tree

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, W Gerald Hicks wrote:

> > Er, global is part of the base system. :-)
>
> Hehe, I knew that.
>
> My point was that the entire package isn't built and the author's
> going GPL anyway and since nobody recommended it ... That sure would
> make a nice port  ;-)

That's simply not true, and we know (since it was on the mailing list)
that you know better.  The author's committed to keeping the BSD version
current, and in the present license.  You said you were for pruning down
the size of FreeBSD, which is a defensible position, but misrepresenting
the author is really unfair, and you can't justify what you're doing here
because of it.

You were called on this when you did it then, too.

> For the original poster gtags/htags is an excellent tool for your
> purposes.  In its full installation it can generate html versions
> of your code and is chock full of other features too.  Give it a
> test drive  :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jerry Hicks
> wghicks@bellsouth.net

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)