Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:56:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Fweep <sunguy@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On 26 Oct 1999, Fweep wrote:

> Wow, those were some quick replies. I didn't expect it to be that quick.
>
> The thing is that I haven't bought the computer yet, I plan on buying a
> lower-class Pentium to run FreeBBS on, but I don't wish to buy one that won't
> work with FreeBBS.
>
> Here are the specs that the place displayed:
>
> Integrated Items include these:
>    Integrated 16-bit audio
>    Integrated 10Base-T/10Base-2 networking
>    Integrated PIO Mode 4 disk controller
> Graphics just says PCI Video
>
> It's a Pentium Pro 180 32megs of RAM, 8x cdrom. The place doesn't listen much
> more than what I showed.
> Sorry if that's no help.

I'm sorry but this is totally useless, you haven't pin-pointed down a
_single_ part for us to even check.

> Any feedback would be appreciated as to what I should do...get the computer,
> not get the computer, etc.

If this is all the info you can get from the vendor then don't buy it,
you're probably just as likely to get a box of bricks in the mail from
someone advertising a system with a description like that.

-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]