Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:10:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Anderson <bunicula@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound almost there.

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> You should be using sbxvi0 in _addition_ to sb0.  You do have
> an SB16, so why don't you just use the driver for the SB16?

that was what was getting me... i didn't realize i needed both. i tried
with just sbxvi0 and just sb0... putting them both in fixed it.

the error is was giving about need SB Pro didn't even come close to making
me think of the sbxvi driver.

but it is all working now.

brian
amazed that vinum was easier to figure out than sound