Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 00:38:21 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/grep config.h getopt1.c savedir.c savedir.h stpcpy.c system.h AUTHORS COPYING Makefile NEWS README dfa.c dfa.h getopt.c getopt.h getpagesize.h grep.1 grep.c grep.h kwset.c kwset.h obstack.c obstack.h search.c PROJECTS ...

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 01:56:09AM -0800, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>   Log:
>   MFC: Update to GNU grep 2.3

Ah... did we really want to do this?  The differences in options "-a" for
instance and other operational changes made me think ver 2.3 was best
left to 4.0.  Scripts can easily break as there is no way to keep from
matching binary files in 2.3.

BTW, for such a change (that can break scripts) a "HEADS UP" to the
Stable was is appropriate.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)