Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 19:28:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        aheffner@lakefield.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem installing

Sounds like you're filling up /tmp. Try a minimal install, symlink tmp
to usr/tmp, then install the rest without recreating the file systems.

175Mb isn't much. I'd forget X and most of the packages. Install only
what you need and keep the file systems less than 80% full.

I don't know anything about DOS -- don't use it at all. I suspect,
though, all your problems come from filling up tmp.

-- Jay

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997 aheffner@lakefield.net wrote:

->I made a 175mb partition on which to install FreeBSD, when i try to install
->just the binarie files, it will get to about file 52 out of 69 and say:
->"Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes)" and then it
->shows on the bottom: /mnt Error: File system full. Though it shouldn't be
->full, cause i've got 175mb and it should only take up about 80mb. When i try
->installing from a dos partition, c:\freebsd\bin, which has the bin files, it
->says: "Can't find a kernal image to link to on the root file system". What
->does all this mean? Can i install FreeBSD? Please help.
->
->
->
->Mike Heffner				http://netnet.net/~aheffner/
->aheffner@lakefield.net         		Manitowoc, WI  54220
->heffners@lakefield.net                  USA
->
->Well...You think what you think, I'll think what I know.
->