Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 00:05:30 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, sos@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/burncd burncd.c

Soren Schmidt wrote:
> Hmm, thats not foolproof either. What would you set it to ?

The default? :)
(Power on default..)

> The problem is that I need to get the driver to be able to read
> all formats (ie different blocksizes) for some of the things I
> have in the pipeline (reading of all CD formats, packet, DVD-RAM),
> but I need to tell the driver the size up front, or the read will fail.
> So the caller will have to set the blocksize to what it wants, and
> if close resets it, it would then have to do it on each open, which
> is not desireable on mounts fx.

Hmm.. basically I was just wondering if you could end up in a state
where
you nuked a cdburning with -9 and consequently couldn't mount a CD.

> Another thing is that it is very unwise to kill the burning process,
> it is garantied to leave the medium useless, that was why I'd do
> signal catching to prevent that.

Well, there are reasons for stopping a burn even if you are going to
screw the disk up..

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum