Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:40:08 -0600
From:      Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lost space - how to find it?

> BTW, it would have been better to make /var a separate
> partition, IMO.  For example, 50 Mbyte for / is enough
> if you have /var and /tmp somewhere else.

  Yes I am familiar with the issues.  This particular box sort of grew
without significant changes over the past 3 years so it is a little bit,
errr, disorganize.  One of these days it'll get wiped and have a clean
install over it instead of trying to reorganize.

  Just an interesting comment - all that space just came back.  Very
annoying.

> 1       /nonexistent
>
> Why did you create that?  It is used in some passwd records
> of pseudo users, and its purpose is to not exist, actually.
> :-)

  I know that!  :-)

  Well to be honest I have no idea.  It's been ther for two years and
nobody remembers why it was there or who put it there.  Like I said, what
this machine needs is just a new install over it.

  Tim