Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:18:06 -0500
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        Ed Hall <edhall@screech.weirdnoise.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My views on Eclipse/BSD

Most licenses aren't all that enforceable.  I was speaking with a lawyer
friend who theorized that if the person accepting the license was under
18 (in the US at least) then they could do whatever they want with it.
Solution?  Have someone download it for you...I'm only 17, anybody want
unencumbered code? :)

Ed Hall wrote:

> One can argue that such prohibitions are unenforcible, or that Lucent
> isn't likely to attempt to enforce them.  And my read of the situation
> is that this is probably the case.  This time.  But I, for one, would
> rather the moral ambiguity be removed, not passed over.
>
>                 -Ed

PS: No, I wont actually send you the code, I'm kidding.

--
Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate