Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:35:35 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssl in -current

In message <20000220132215.F14682@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: Which OpenBSD has done -- so why was it so easy for them?  They have the
: *same* rules to live by that we have -- even though they are Canadian,
: the rsaref libs came from USA, thus they cannot be exported from Canada.

No.  The RSA that they have does NOT come from rsaref.  The default
tree that one gets with OpenBSD doesn't have ANY RSA AT ALL.  ONE MUST
JUST THROUGH UGLY HOOPS TO GET IT.

I know.  I've just jumped through those hoops for my OpenBSD/arc
machine.  Otherwise ssh, et al, say something to the effect that this
software used rsa functionality and this version of OpenSSL wasn't
compiled for it.

Warner