Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:16:00 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSDMobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: D-LINK DFE-650TX and Toshiba XDVD 2650 doesn't work!

jojo@buchonline.net probably said:
> I use FreeBSD 3.4 and PAO! The LEDs "Ln/Act" and "10/100" is flashing
> periodic (ca. 1.sec) and i get "ed0 device timeout". The FAQ tell me,
> there are an irq conflict. But i am not able to fetch the right irq,
> because i'm a newbie in FreeBSD and i am missing the step by step
> manual.

Edit /etc/pccard.conf

> horror trip? Maybe, i get failure with Autonegotiaton? I am seeking for
> the right setting in rc.conf too (media 100BaseTX mediaopts
> half-duplex?).

You can't set those with the ed driver.

> card0: assign ed0 iobase 0x240 irq 3 flags 0x10
> ed0: address 01:d1:ff:04:d1:ff, type NE2000 (16 bit)

That isn't the same card as my DFE-650TX - it shows up as a Linksys 16
bit.  Perhaps they are selling several cards as the same model, as
many other manufacturers are doing :/

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu