Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:18:11 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Mark J Tomko <mtomko@prime.cs.ohiou.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd Disk, again

Mark J Tomko writes:
 +---------------
 | Currently I have my system set up as follows:
 | Primary Master Drive:   6.4 GB hard drive
 | Primary Slave Drive:    ATAPI CDROM
 | Secondary Master Drive: 4.3 GB hard drive
 | Secondary Slave Drive:  Internal zip drive
 +---------------

You can setup all your root partitions on the first drive. They
each require less than 100Meg each (bsd realy only needs 32Meg).
You'll probably only need 1.5 Gbyte for /usr on each installed OS.
Make /var a symbolic link to /usr/var or reduce /usr by 500M and
use that for /var.

With the two FreeBSD versions you are talking about and say two
Linux distributions that is 4*100M + 4*1.5G = 6.4G.

Share one swap partition between all the OSes as the first say 500M
on the second master. Also set up so that they all mount the same
UFS /home as the remainder of the second master drive.

When you need more space in /usr for any given OS make a directory in the
/home partition and put a symbolic link to it in the right place.

Just my thoughts.
chris
__
Chris Fedde	  <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>