Date:      10 Apr 2000 12:14:05 -0000
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sonic_jtx@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: help

> From: jason wray <sonic_jtx@yahoo.com>
>
> Alright, I really need some help.  I've gotten this far: I've
> installed FreeBSD 4.0, I have done a few other things, and I have
> edited /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to how I need it to be.  Then I did the
> following:
>
>     # ppp
>     Working in interactive mode
>     Using interface: tun0
>     ppp ON> term
>
> and at this point my system locks to were I can do absolutely nothing.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Debugging your kernel as described in the handbook, would be, I'm
afraid, totally out of question(?).  Posting a crash dump would be the
best way of finding what the problem really is, but if that is really
impossible right now, see below:

If all you need is to get a program to connect to your modem line and
chat with your modem, you can use cu(1) to do this.  If, on the other
hand, all you need is to get connected using PPP, try using pppd(8) and
see if that works for you.

Ciao,
Giorgos.