Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 00:16:44 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.2.2

Hi John,

> I need to test a third-party application that requires JDK 1.2.2.  I was
> just wondering what the status of this port is.  I have seen it described as
> "alpha" in the mailing lists.  Approximately when will 1.2.2 be available as
> a port for general use?  Is it available now as "alpha" or "beta?"

When some issues have been resolved and the porting team is happy with the
result.  Check the FreeBSD java pages <http://www.freebsd.org/java>.  If
you want more details, check the archives for this mailing list.

The unofficial pre-alpha port is available as a set of patches against
the JDK 1.2.2 source code available from Sun.  You are welcome to try these
out.  Kees Jan Koster has kindly provided some web pages regarding these
patches at <http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/index.html>.  I'd
personally wait a couple days for the next patch set though :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083