Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 18:58:00 -0400
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
To:        <tmessmer@scilearn.com>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/18324: pipsecd contains practically no documentation.

Hi,

I am the author of the pipsecd port. The documentation that is included with
it is terse at best, but it is complete enough that you should be able to
set-up IPSec tunnels without too much fuss.

I have occasionally helped people who had trouble with it, but I really
don't have time to write a proper user-guide or man page. Several people
indicated in the past that they may contribute something and I have offered
to include documentation in the port if anybody gives me something
worthwhile. This has not happened yet, because most people seem to not
bother with documentation after they have something working.

If you want to start such a document, please keep me copied on your
progress. I will then post an update to the port as soon as we have
something good.

Thanks,

Patrick.