Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 15:12:32 -0400
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@earthlink.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Diskless machine compile error under 4.0-RELEASE

	I have a P233 with an IBM ethernet PCI network card and no
HD..so I've been reviewing the FreeBSD site for enablling this
machine to do a diskless boot off of my 4.0-RELEASE machine.
Following the instructions in the tutorials I find that during step
2, I recieve an "Invalid Directory" error during the compile.  I
did run a 'make clean' and 'make depend' first as well as verify
the existance of the path the depend links..and it does infact
exist.  Has anyone successfully used this tutorial on 4.0-RELEASE?
It was written back in 96'..but If it has been left on the site for
this long I figure it has to be pretty solid directions.

I can post the error if need be...but it's pretty straightforward
(from an error perspective <grin> )

Thanks.

Michael G.
Buick Performance...Driving fast with Class
Passing everything but gas stations

          71 Skylark Custom

ICQ #24517082        mikegoe@earthlink.net