Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 20:17:02 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18644: hylafax and libtiff-3.4

----------

 > Synopsis: hylafax and libtiff-3.4
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 > State-Changed-By: sobomax
 > State-Changed-When: Wed May 31 07:09:25 PDT 2000
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > It is not a FreeBSD problem at all. It is unlikely that we would raise
 > tiff-3.4 from the dead  just to run hylafax. Try to bug hylafax
 > developers instead.

Sorry, but that's not the right way I think!

When you have a pice of software, that's really running stable which
depends on software xyz, than you will do the hell and backport
every new version of xyz into your software. You can do what
you want, there are more bugs/problems than before.

So I guess it is absolutely necessary to have a concept for this
situation, and not to make preassure to the authors of a well
working software, especially if they don't need the news features
of software xyz.

Only my opinion .....

Best regards

Lars

--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Koeller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin