Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:42:47 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux and FreeBSD

On Fri 2000-06-30 (01:47), Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > Great.  Does anyone fancy writing a "FreeBSD For Linux Users" document,
> > that describes how things are different on FreeBSD, the conceptual hurdles
> > you had to jump when you first switched, and so on?
>
> Well, I'd be glad to help.  However, it's a rather long time that I've left
> linux behind, and I do not seem to recall that much of it anymore.  If I
> find the time to install some recent distribution and refresh what my memory
> is not prone to recall easily, that is definitely a nice thing to do :-)
>
> If anyone else is interested, or you Nik can start something like this, I'm
> certainly eager to help in any way I can.

I'd be happy to co-ordinate and to convert text to docbook, but my
content-generation cycles are in use in other areas.  Truly dedicated
souls can read through the newbies archives (start at the beginning, and
do a week of messages in five days) and send me interesting tid-bits.

Theoretically I'm supposed to be rejuvenating the FreeBSD FAQ too, so
stuff for that is appreciated.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner