Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:20:04 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/20197: rc.firewall with firewall_type=simple doesn't work with natd

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 07:42:33PM +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> On Mon 2000-07-31 (19:04), Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > What do you guys think about the attached patch?
>
> I had something reasonably similar that I was going to suggest for
> people who use custom rulesets and want natd_enable, but not for a
> divert line to be added automatically (I use it on my little NAT
> router).  This means one less "customization" of rc scripts for me at
> least (:

I am affraid I do not understand what do you mean here.
Could you please explain it to me a bit more?

The nat() function installs `divert' rule where appropriate only
when both `natd_enable' and `natd_interface' are set in rc.conf.

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,