Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:06:58 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Nicole Harrington." <nicole@unixgirl.com>, "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "(Mike Tancsa)" <mike@sentex.net>, "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3ware IDE Raid. SCSI killer?

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:09:34 +0000 (GMT), Terry Lambert wrote:

>...as a backhand reference to the fact that IDE dtill does not
>support concurrent outstanding I/O via tagged command queueing.

I could be wrong, but I though I read some reference to tagged
queing on the 3ware site.

>But the fact is that there are IDE RAID controllers, even though
>I personally think that a server will have much more need of
>concurrency than a desktop.

The issue is that many times a server is only used by 5 to users
at a time. In this case concurrency is not so much of an issue.

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate