Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@gshapiro.net>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.co.za>
Cc:        gshapiro@FreeBSD.org (Gregory Neil Shapiro), cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/sendmail Makefile

>> Get rid of the /etc/aliases -> /etc/mail/aliases hack.  /etc/mail/aliases
>> now exists in the distribution.

jhay> What about src/etc/Makefile? It still installs aliases in /etc. It is not
jhay> used in the source update case, but when you use mergemaster to update
jhay> your /etc directories and also when building releases and snapshots.

Currently both /etc/aliases and /etc/mail/aliases exists.  I'm waiting to
hear from the CVS admins to find out if it is ok to remove /etc/aliases.

jhay> PS. What is the chance of enabling IPv6 support in sendmail? I guess it
jhay> is as simple as adding "CFLAGS+=-DNETINET6" to usr.sbin/sendmail/Makefile
jhay> and adding the right stuff to the .mc file, but I'm still waiting for
jhay> "make world" to finish so that I can check. :-)

I'll add it to my list of enhancements (for after the dust settles from the
8.9 -> 8.11 upgrade).