Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:09:02 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
Cc:        shocking@houston.rr.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenInventor OpenSourced

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 11:09:30AM +0200, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
> Very interesting.
>
> But I am not sure how to judge it.
> The Inventor book by Josie Wernecke is from 1994 and I never saw it in
> any bookstore so far.
>
> It would be very nice to have an easy to use OpenGL class library that
> is still powerful enough.

I've used it.  It's an OO scene graph generator.  Its primary value
is from a conceptual perspective as it allows you to work with objects
instead of their surfaces (a compleatly illogical way to view the world.)
It was quite slow compared to raw OpenGL as you would expect, though
that may have been partialy due to serious resource limitations on the
Indy2's we were using it on.

-- Brooks