Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:18:25 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <david.kanter@mindspring.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org
Subject:   Re: Apsfilter ports don't work

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:53:29PM -0500, David J. Kanter wrote:
> I've tried both apsfilter ports, and neither work.

Sorry for any inconveniances .. But why don't you send it to the
apsfilter mailinglists ?

Ports is for me personally a bit overcrowded to read regulary.

> Version 6: Seems OK, but no /usr/local/apsfilter/SETUP program is made. With
> no program, there's no way to create a /etc/printcap.

If you look into the pkg/PLIST you might note, that apsfilter will be
installed to /usr/local/share/apsfilter ...

So ... apsfilter can be exported via NFS ...

> Version 5: This is odd. First, I get an error about md5 and Makefile no
> being up to date, and if I want to override this to make with the option
> NO_CHECKSUM=yes. OK, so I do that. But then during the install, I get this:
>
> ===>  Installing for apsfilter-5.4.2
> ===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: recode - found
> ===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: gs - found
> ===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: a2ps - found
> ===>   apsfilter-5.4.2 depends on executable: psnup - found
> make update
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/bin
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/filter
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/global
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/lib
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/setup
> mkdir -p /usr/local/apsfilter/template
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/doc/apsfilter
> *** Error code 1

I will try the apsfilter 5.x port now...

--
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html