Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:28:45 +0900
From:      Taku YAMAMOTO <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>, Cameron Grant <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AC97_MIXER_MONO (was Re: Anyone with i810 hardware?)

At Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:46:07 -0700 (PDT),
Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com> wrote:

> BTW I have a question on in the ac97.c.  In ac97.c their is the
> ac97mixtable_entry.  This maps various things to the real parts.
> Now I have a reason to want to change SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME from
> using AC97_MIX_MASTER to AC97_MIX_MONO.  I can do this and it basically

Why do you want to?

> works except in ac97.c it uses AC97_MIX_MASTER explicitly.  Now I changed
> that to use the structure and that works fine so now changing
> the mixer SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME changes the Mono output.  However, during
> intialization in ich.c it uses AC97_MIX_MASTER directly I would prefer
> it use ac97mixtable_entry structure.  This currently isn't possible
> since the ac97mixtable_entry structure is static.
(snip)
> Any ideas on this.

How about mapping SOUND_MIXER_PHONEOUT to AC97_MIX_MONO?
With having SOUND_MIXER_PHONEOUT initial value in
snd_mixerdefaults[] (/sys/dev/sound/pcm/mixer.c) will work.

--
YAMAMOTO, Taku <taku@cent.saitama-u.ac.jp>
Member of Advanced Computer and Communication Studies Society