Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:32:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Scott D. Yelich" <scott@scottyelich.com>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who broke "ls" in FreeBSD?  and why?

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Jeremy Lea wrote:
> This has been the default since the file was imported into CVS, and I
> suspect it's been the default since BSD ls was first written.  That it's
> not the behaviour of GNU ls is just scary, and one more reason why I'm
> glad I never go near Linux.

No kidding.  I mistakenly though... for some stupid reason -- that
/bin/ls was some bastardized gnuls... but that appears not to be the
case.  I just wish there was a way that one could pass another -A option
to disable this.

Oh, and sorry if this isn't the right list.  How about:  How does one
shutdown freebsd and make a laptop or other machine power off?  I always
have to hit the reset button.  It reminds me too much of 'blows...
and I'd like to get away from that.

Thanks everyone who is pointing out to me, in private messages, that all
the OSes that I haven't ever usedseem to have -A for root as default.
:->

Scott