Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:17:45 -0400
From:      Tass Chapman <tass@kenderhome.com>
To:        jim@osd.bsdi.com, Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Greetings

The digital gods saw this being spewed out by Jim Mock:
>On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 at 19:05:47 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> >   The number of sections that are marked as "to be written" has
> > diminished in recent months but a lot of the information is still
> > hopelessly out of date or poorly written.  For example, here is a
> > quote from the serial communication chapter "This document is written
> > based on the author's experience with FreeBSD versions 1.0, 1.1, and
> > 1.1.5.1".
>
>Yes, this is definitely a major candidate for updating or nuking
>completely.  I'm not sure enough people even use it to be worth
>updating.  Besides, if it's updated, or nuked, I'll be able to close the
>PR that Murray opened a while ago pointing out how crufty it is :-)
>
>That said, how many of you would object to removing this section
>completely?  We could always add it back later if someone updates it,
>I'm just starting to think that no info on it is better than 5+ year old
>info..
>
>- jim

Based on how often I have used anything in that section .. go nuts. I would
rather see no info, than no useful info.

--
|Tass Chapman| tass@kenderhome.com   : PGP key @ pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371|
| http://www.kenderhome.com          : KEYID: 0x5BC152A1              |

                 -- Mark Twain