Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:10:50 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HARDWARE.TXT and RELNOTES.TXT

At 27 Oct 2000 11:14:51 GMT,
nik wrote:
> What, specifically, do you think makes DocBook unsuitable?  Yes, it's a
> bit on the large side, but if someone's building a release they should
> already have most of the tools necessary.  We're probably only going to
> end up using 15-20 DocBook elements in the release notes, but anyone editing
> the release notes should be able to see from the rest of the file what
> markup to use.

I think DocBook is not suitable if we treat source file of
RELNOTES.TXT as data.  If so, SGML data file should have appropriate
structure for that data's structure.

But if we treat source file of RELNOTES.TXT as document, DocBook is
fine.

Having SGML structured data is ideal (really? :-), but it seems too
far to achieve.  So treating them as documents and using DocBook will
be good start.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project