Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:41:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD daemon as an icon?

Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us> types:
> On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 01:55:17 -0600 (CST)  Mike Meyer wrote:
>  +------------------
>  | Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us> types:
>  | > On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:27:38 -0600 (CST)  Mike Meyer wrote:
>  | >  | Anyone out there got a FreeBSD daemon image suitable for use as an
>  | >  | icon (i.e. - 16x16)?
>  | >  |
>  | >  | 	Thanx,
>  | >  | 	<mike
>  | > There is a small image if chuck in the fbsd-icons port.
>  | It's not quite small enough (25x28). I've actually got an icon; now
>  | the problem is turning it into a .ico file on FreeBSD. There don't
>  | seem to be any tools for that.
>  +------------------
> It's pretty easy making images smaller using something like xv.

I used the gimp on one of the larger images I already had.

> What's a .ico file?

A Windows Icon file. IE5 tries to get favicon.ico from a site every
time a user bookmarks a site. I wanted something to get the cruft out
of my log files, and figured I might as well be-daemon the IE users
while I was at it.

	<mike
--
Mike Meyer					http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for rates.