Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:24:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        shizuka00 <shizuka00@sinagirl.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WaveLAN PCI problem

In message <20001206102116.6697.qmail@hk.sina.com.hk> shizuka00 writes:
: Should I assume that -current code should work with this PCI adapter?

No.  I've not been able to get these cards to work with -current yet,
nor have I had the time to find why it hangs.

: 1. Using GENERIC kernel (cvsup 30 Nov), machine hang after pccardd recognize the card and load the driver. It also hang if I take the WaveLan card

Same thing here, if it doesn't hang while it is waiting for my scsi
bus to settle.

: 2. Using NEWCARD kernel, machine hang while setting up pccard1 (?). Here're what I wrote down

NEWCARD doesn't work for 16bit cards at the present moment.

: One more question, the PCMCIA-PCI adapter has only one slot, is there any reason why pccbb card detect pccard0 & pccard1?

Yes.  There really are 2 slots on these cards, as far as the hardware
is concerned.  Your card might have only one of them attached to the
board.  I have cards that have 1 or 2 attached.  It could also be a
bug in our slot detection code.

My old Libretto detected two slots as well, even though it had only
one... until you connected the docing port...

Warner