Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:16:39 +0600 (NS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla and 4.2-RELEASE

hi, there!

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

> > just a guess (and I am not speculating):
> > FreeBSD has broken g++ compiler (-fsjlj-exceptions are broken).
>
> Can you remind me why you feel sjlj exceptions are broken (vs. slow)?

g++ 2.95.2 generates incorrect code when using -fsjlj-exceptions
(segfaults when throwing an exception)
Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com> has made two set of patches for this
problem (one is his own solution and other is backport of changes from
gcc-current). The former IIRC is committed into OpenBSD source tree and I
use it without any problems for about half a year. The latter is not
tested that well but I do my C++ development with that patch for about a
week and haven't noticed any problems.

there are two bug reports (#413 and #258) in gcc GNATS about this problem

/fjoe