Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:45:39 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to fix "make buildkernel requires full obj directory" mistake

On 18 Jan 2001, at 19:33, Dima Dorfman wrote:

> Personally, I think that if there's no technical reason why
> buildkernel can't work without a prior buildworld assuming that the
> kernel you're building is of the same version that's currently
> running, trying to explain two different methods to new users should
> be avoided.

This is good.  New users have enough to learn without getting confused
about kernel build methods.  I would prefer one method which would
work in all cases, but failing that, let's patch the handbook[1].

[1] Some may interpret this as an attempt to goad a fix.  It is. ;)

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/