Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:36:03 -0700
From:      "alex huppenthal" <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>, "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>
Subject:   Re: Simple backup program.

We use rsync to create two duplicate servers. It's an efficient way to
backup since it doesn't backup everything, just the changes. We did use the
encryption option too, but later changed over to a private LAN to run
backups among systems.

This example does the job of backing up outworks.com's billybob directory to
when run from another system.

/usr/local/bin/rsync -e /usr/local/bin/ssh  -vta
outworks.com:/usr/home/billybob /usr1/home/billybob

-Alex