Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:43:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@micro.ti.com>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, "'so@server.i-clue.de'" <so@server.i-clue.de>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek card support

In message <20010201235410.A58975@cokane.yi.org> Coleman Kane writes:
: I usually don't recommend the 8139/29 for anything that is expected
: to work consistently. The cards work alright, but I prefer to stick
: to Digital or Intel based NICs for important tasks.

Same here.  However, with the SBCs we buy, we have little choice since
they all seem to want to use RealTek.  Likely due to bottom feeding
reasons.

I've also had good luck with 3Com NICs (use one in my main home
server), but mixed luck with some Tulip and tulip-like clones.  The dc
driver does help that a lot, however...

Warner