Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:33:52 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XPT_GET_TRAN_SETTINGS

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 18:37:56 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

> Just adding support for this to the 'mly' driver, and I've noticed
> something odd.  I am *not* setting the CCB_TRANS_SYNC_RATE_VALID
> bit in the valid field of the reply, but I'm still getting a transfer
> speed printed.  Any idea what's going on here?

Well, the code in xpt_announce_periph() looks to see if the sync offset is
valid.  If it is, it uses the supplied sync period (without checking the
valid bit...) to calculate the transfer speed.

Otherwise, it issues a path inquiry CCB and prints out the base transfer
speed for the device, multiplied by the bus width in bytes.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org