Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:10:32 +0800
From:      "Vanilla I . Shu" <vanilla@FreeBSD.org>
To:        vdeffont@ifrance.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25940: gtk 1.2.8 creates /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config but not /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk-config

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 05:29:28AM -0800, vdeffont@ifrance.com wrote:
> Seems the port of gtk doesnt create a "gtk-config" link or executable.
> Seems to me, ftk-config is required by some programs at configure time.
> For now, the solution I found was to manually link /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-c=
onfig to ~samedir/gtk-config but it could be done at install of gtk port, n=
o?
> create the link at gtk install time.
Well,

long time ago, we have gtk10, gtk11, gtk11d, gtk12,

and need all of gtk* at the same time for compatible,

each gtk* has its own gtk-config,
that's why I change gtk11 to gtk11-config, blah blah.

and now, gtk10, gtk11, gtk11d are dead.

--=20
Retired from the DAMN Taiwan military in the end of 2000.

vanilla (@) FreeBSD.ORG / http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~vanilla

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--