Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:20:06 +0100
From:      Matthew Frost <matthewf@orac.frost.net>
To:        "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr@abcjr.net>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with burncd on CURRENT

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 04:23:40PM -0500, Arnold Cavazos Jr. wrote:
> I don't have any "ins" with Yamaha but I sure could start poking around.
>
> I do have a CD in my hand that I burned on 31 January 2001 with 4.2-STABLE
> that was no more than a few days old.  This was with the same firmware
> that Matthew has and the 4.2-STABLE would not have been more than 2 or 3
> days old.  (I buildworld a whole bunch).  Now I did not get 16x out of the
> drive, but backing off to 12x or 10x resulted in a successful CD burn.

Looking at:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-cd.c.diff?r1=1.48.2.9&r2=1.48.2.10&only_with_tag=RELENG_4&f=h

could it be the MFC to acd_close_disk for multisession support that's
making it not work.  Presumably it's the mode select failing before
the ATAPI_CLOSE_TRACK happens?

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/