Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:29:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Torbjorn Kristoffersen <sgt@netcom.no>, FreeBSD-Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Trouble with HPT366

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, S=F8ren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Torbjorn Kristoffersen wrote:
> > > Well, are you using one of the 80-conductor cables?
> > Yes, I'm using the 80-conductor cable I got with the motherboard
> > (ABIT BE6 with HPT366 onboard).
>
> Since the disk claims clbid to be zero, the disk doesn't see the cable
> as being a valid 80pin one, have you tried another cable ?
>
> -S=F8ren

I've had a further thought on this.  How does the drive recognize the
cable?  Is it due to a notch cut out of one of the wires?  I mention this
because I seem to recall seeing some 80-pin cables with the notch, and
some without.  (I don't have time to pull apart any boxes and look right
now, though.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack