Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 12:25:22 -0700
From:      "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: subscribe

Such in-band signaling might occasionally cause a (mostly harmless)
false positive.  Consider the footer that is automatically appended to
list with unsubscribe instructions.  Now imagine it triggering a false
"unsubscribe" attempt for every list message!  Obviously that's an
extremem example and with some care it won't really happen, but it's
worth thinking about.

-brian

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 12:25:37AM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> I guess we could, but somebody would have to do it. :)
>
> - Jordan
>
> From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Re: subscribe
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 18:34:57 -0700
>
> > On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 05:01:13PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > > Argh!  I'm sorry folks, I almost always remember to delete the cc
> > > line when I send somebody that particular form letter so as not to
> > > spam the list myself, but this time I forgot to do that before
> > > typing the send command.  Bad Jordan, no cookie!
> >
> > Why is it we can't have majordomo filter these out and send the
> > people your form reponce.

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the message

Brian O'Shea
<boshea@ricochet.net>