Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 09:35:50 +0200
From:      "Harry Kroonen" <h.kroonen@brinktech.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   (newbie) Idletime disconnect

Hello to all,

I'm running (kernel) i4b on a FreeBSD gateway for my LAN, only using
dialup, with IPFilter for the firewall/NAT stuff.

Incoming packets that are blocked by IPFilter do reset the idletime
disconnect counter, so when a random host on the internet keeps on trying
to connect to my system, disconnect doesn't happen for _quite_a_while_,
driving up my phonebill unneccessarily.

I guess the way to handle this is to put some counter on the firewall traffic,
and use that to decide on disconnecting, and not use the idletime counter.

Considering the fact that I am pretty new to all this BSD stuff, is there
anyone who has put together something similar, or who can point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,

Harry Kroonen