Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:35:27 -0400
From:      James <James_Bond_79@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: import NetBSD rc system

I have one comment for whoever brings this in:

One thing I have always liked about our system is that the rc.conf file is
completely out of the source tree and under the users control. It looked to
me like the netbsd system has /etc/rc.conf file source the
/etc/defaults/rc.conf, and thus is part of source tree. I just don't want to
have to deal with mergemaster asking me to install the new version of rc.conf
for whatever reason.

and just out of curiosity, I didn't think our mergemaster program had a way
of handling the removal of files from the live /etc, I assume that for a
upgrade of the rc system this would be necessary...

just my $.0.02

James