Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:01:18 +0200
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mass uninstall all ports?

Since you're going to remove all the packages, I would suggest to
use pkg_delete -f to force the de-install. Who cares about dependencies
when you're going to remove everything anyway ? :)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, abram olson wrote:

> Awesome!  Thank you Brandon.
>

> Abe
> --- "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
> wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 12, 2001 15:05:12 -0700, abram
> > olson
> > <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > +-----
> > | If it doesn't, is there a way to remove every
> > package
> > | that isn't part of the base system at one go?  I'm
> > +--->8
> >
> > pkg_info | cut -d\  -f1 | xargs pkg_delete
> >
> > :)
> >
> > --
> > brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]
> >  allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
> > system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]
> >    allbery@ece.cmu.edu
> > electrical and computer engineering
> >                  KF8NH
> > carnegie mellon university     [linux: proof of the
> > million monkeys theory]
> >

> =====
> Jesus saves.
> Allah forgives,
> Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Stephan van Beerschoten [SVB21-RIPE]       stephanb@whacky.net
  PGP fingerprint:  4557 9761 B212 FB4C  778D 3529 C42A 2D27
     "To err is human, to forgive is Not Company Policy"